PHS MS Hybrid Sealant is a flexible and single-component adhesive sealant.
First of all, PHS MS Hybrid Sealant is resistant to overnight condensation and it cures with atmospheric moisture to a flexible, rubbery plastic. It also has excellent airtightness properties – it’s weather and chemical resistant.
PHS MS Hybrid Sealant is suitable for internal and external elastic bonding:
- Bonding of EPDM to a variety of substrates.
- bonding of rebates, mitres as well as overlaps.
- internal and external joint sealing.
- finally – for bonding of construction components made from plaster, natural stone, aluminium, steel, zinc, copper, glass, wood, MDF, tiles, ceramic among each other or on solid mineral subsurface.
PHS MS Hybrid Sealant offers the following advantages:
- Very rapid and secure working.
- Free of solvent and neutral in odour.
- Resistant to overnight condensation.
- Adhesion to a variety of materials such as: concrete, aluminium blank and powder coated, unplasticised PVC, wood as well as many other normal building materials.
- Excellent adhesion force also on many solvent sensitive sub-surfaces as polystyrene foams, e. g. XPS and EPS.
- Processing possible from -5°C.
- Single-sided adhesive application.
- No pre-treatment of the membrane.
- No flash time, no additional risk of contamination.
- Self-levelling, unproblematic application to uneven foundations (cavities in concrete).
- Adjustment possibilities for laminate up to 30 minutes after adhesion.
- Possesses excellent weather, UV and chemical resistance.
- Harmonized to building conditions.
- As a result – long-lasting adhesion and sealing.
- Causes no blister formation.
- Finally – low shrinkage & elastic.
Basis: silane terminated polymer, neutral cross-linking
Curing system: atmospheric humidity
Transfer rate: >100g / min; DIN 52 456–6 mm
Spec. weight: approx. 1.5g / cm3; DIN 52 451–PY
Skin formation time: approx. 1h; + 23C / 50% r. h.
Curing: approx. 2mm / 24h; +23C / 50 % r. h.
Volume change: <–3%; DIN 52 451–PY
Stress-strain value at 100%: approx. 0.4N / mm2; DIN 52 455 NWT–1–A2–100
Tensile strength (film): approx. 1.0N / mm2; DIN 53 504
Shore A hardness: approx. 25; DIN 53 505, 4 weeks
+23C / 50 % r. h.
Permissible net deformation: 25%
Temperature resistance: –40C to +80C
Processing temperature: +5C to +40C
Delivery form: 600 ml tubular bag, 20 tubular bags / cardboard box
Depending on Application surface, about 10 m per 600 ml tubular bag, nozzle diameter 8mm. At 1 mm layer thickness of the adhesive the consumption is approx. 1 l / m², i.e. a 600 ml tubular bag suffices for approx. 0.6 m² adhesion surface. The internal seal must be more vapour diffusion tight than the outer seal. Care must be taken during sealing that the joint space is first well insulated with suitable material (mineral wool or other) to avoid heat bridges and undershooting the dew point on the inside.
Preparation of the adhesion surface
The adhesion surfaces must be firm, load-bearing, clean and free of grease, oil and dust. Any release agent present must be removed. In case of processing temperatures (building element temperatures) from + 5 °C to + 40 °C, the foundations may be slightly damp but visible or standing water is definitely to be avoided. In case of processing temperatures (building element temperatures) from – 5 °C to + 5 °C, water and moisture in every possible form, especially also as ice or frost, is to be avoided.
All foundation materials must be compatible with PHS MS Hybrid Sealant within the context of DIN 52 452, part 1. Adhesion and compatibility with plastics should be object-related tested. In the use on coated foundations (e.g. facades made hydrophobic) a pre-test for compatibility is necessary. Thus with, for example, acrylic coating materials a loss of adhesion is possible through plasticiser migration.
The temperature (building element temperature) must not fall below- 5 °C. At temperatures of below + 5 °C, curing time of PHS MS Hybrid Sealant may increase gravely, depending on humidity. Depending on the material and surface properties priming of the foundation is recommended. Depending upon the working conditions and foundation our Multi Primer can be used. Compatibility with the surface must be tested in each individual case.
Multi Primer is solvent based. PHS MS Hybrid Sealant is suited for the connection on site present bituminous membranes. These bituminous membranes have to be applied correct in compliance with appropriate technical rules, in particular they have to be dry, firm, load-bearing, clean and free of grease, oil and dust. In case of this application, we recommend a thorough suitability test on original materials before every use
The following tools are adequate to ensure secure and unproblematic mounting: cartridge gun, protective gloves, carpet knife, large and small spatulas and pressure roller.
600 ml tubular bag, 20 tubular bags / cardboard box.