PHS Split Release Tape
£18.20 – £20.60
PHS Split Release Tape is an airtight, pliable, stretchable PE-film sealing tape with moisture-resistant polyacrylate adhesive of extremely high tack and permanent adhesion as well as outstanding ageing resistance. The 15mm strip facilitates the speedy and accurate fixing of the tape to window frame. Split release tape permits the installer to quickly apply it to the window frame and reveal in separate and manageable steps.
- Due to its flexibility in crosswise direction it compensates for any building movements.
- Provides a permanent air tight and vapour seal.
- Offers significant savings due to time advantages.
- Is compatible with acrylic glass, as well as polycarbonates.
- Provides high adhesion of the sealing strip on all types of window frame.
- Contains no solvents.
|Backing:||Polyethylene film, UV stabilized with PET-filament reinforcement|
|Total Thickness (DIN EN 1942)*:||0.34 mm (without release liner)|
|Tensile Strength (DIN EN 14410)*:||>50N/25mm|
|Elongation at break (DIN EN 14410)*:||150% – 200%|
|Release Liner:||Silicone paper|
|Types of adhesive:||Polyacrylate adhesive|
|Adhesion (DIN EN 1939)*:||>30N/25mm|
|Moisture resistance (GPM 812):||Permanent Resistance|
|Temperature range:||-40 C to +80 C|
|Application Temperature:||-10 C to +40 C , recommended at >+5 C|
PHS 85/15 & 45/15 tapes are used indoors for the air-tight bonding and sealing of door and window reveals.
Surfaces must be stable, dry, free of grease and dust, and must not contain adhesive-repellent coatings, some MDF and masonry surface may need a primer coating (such as PHS Primer) for best results.
The installer should firstly apply a sample of the tape and test adhesion.
- Cut the required length of tape; fold the tape along the split line.
- The 15mm release liner strip is removed and the tape is applied to the window frame.
- Removes the remaining liner and fit remaining tape the reveal detail.
- Ensure there is sufficient stress relief on the tape, this prevent pulling on the tape and possible damage.
|Part Number:||Size:||Box Quantity:||Barcode:|
|AR9098B||85/15 x 25mm||6||05391536370053|
|AR9098C||50/50 x 25mm||6||05391536370060|