Gerband 586 Airtight Tape
£9.90 – £33.00
Gerband 586 Airtight Tape offers permanent adhesion as well as outstanding ageing resistance.
It is a pliable and stretchable PE-film sealing tape with moisture-resistant, polyacrylate adhesive of extremely high tack. The slight elasticity in connection with tear resistant thread reinforcement makes the Gerband 586 Airtight Tape universally suitable for achieving airtightness as well as sealing many types of surfaces. While the PET reinforcement helps preventing over-expansion of the adhesive tape, it has a very aggressive adhesive. It even sticks at extremely low temperatures and conforms to DIN 4108-7.
As a result, our Airtight Tape might be used indoors for the airtight bonding of wind and vapour barriers. Due to its specification – you can use it in non-visible areas of building components and also on impact resistant plastics (pipes, windows), wood or metal. Finally, it is available in various sizes, from 50-150mm.
- Wood (especially Hard wood-based panel materials),
- Gypsum fibreboards,
- Cement fibreboards,
- Hard plastics and electric cables.
- Vapour control layers / retarder sheeting,
- Smooth to rough PE/PA/PO/PP sheeting, Kraft papers, Aluminium membranes.
|Base Material:||LD-polyethylene foil, stretchy, green|
|Adhesive:||Acrylate dispersion, solvent free|
|Adhesive middle layer:||Polyester lattice layer|
|Covering material:||Silicon paper, brown|
|Thickness (without covering):||0.28mm|
|Adhesive layer:||210g / m2|
|Adhesive strength:||35N / 25mm DIN EN 1939|
|Temperature resistance:||40C to +80C|
|UV resistance:||Max. 3 months|
|Durability against ageing:||Excellent|
|Processing temperature:||Recommended from +5C to +40C Possible from –10C|
- Gerband 586 hermetic is used indoors for the air-tight bonding and sealing of penetrations and overlaps of wind and vapor barriers according to BS 9250.
- Surfaces must be stable, dry, free of grease and dust, and may not contain adhesive-repellent coating.
- We recommend bonding to surfaces such as smooth or mslightly rough PE webs and non-waxed kraft paper. Aluminum sheeting, PP fleece, and wooden sheathing (e.g. oriented strand boards) may also be used.
- For bonding MDF boards we recommend preconditioning the surfaces with Gerband Primer 6300.
- Gerband 586 may also be used in non-visible areas of building components and also on impact resistant plastics (pipes, windows), wood or metal.
|Part Number:||Size:||Box Quantity:||Barcode:|