PHS Hi-Thermia Reflective Membrane is a very durable and robust vapour control layer (VCL).
Is is featuring a metallised surface with a very low emissivity internal vapour barrier. When combined with air gap thermal comfort is enhanced by reflecting up to 97% of radiant heat back into the building. When installed continuously with all laps and penetrations sealed, Hi-Thermia Reflective Membrane provides effective condensation control for all building types. We recommend using PHS Reflective Tape to seal all laps, penetrations and cuts in the membrane, and also for connections to adjacent airtight layers at roof and floor junctions. Installation The reflective surface must be located on warm side of the insulation and always face an airspace. The preferred method is to install it with the reflective side facing into the building, then fix a standard 25mm batten over the membrane before applying the slab.
- Reaction to fire: Class E.
- Water vapour transmission: (Sd) 2800.
- Emissivity: 0.03.
- Airtight: Yes.
- Airtight suspended timber floors.
- Warm pitched roof construction.
- Cold pitched roof construction.
- Timber frame construction.
- Metal roofing solutions.
- Protection for wall construction.
- High vapur resistance.
- Improved airtightness and thermal resistance.
- Creates service void.
- Creates unbroken vapour control layer.
- R value of 0.79m2K/W when used with a minimum 19mm service cavity.
- Vapour resistance of 750 MNs/g.
- Helps to meet the requirements of the Part L in England and Wales, Section 6 in Scotland.