Gerband Sd Vario Climate Membrane is a multi-layered vapour barrier with a moisture-variable sd value.
It’s used indoors to create an airtight barrier and a vapour control layer for the protection of the construction according to DIN 4108. During the winter it reliably prevents diffusion of interior humidity into the roof and wall construction. As a result – during summer it allows for back fusion from the insulation as well as the wall and roof construction. It also prevents condensation that facilitates mildew growth and constructional damages.
- Composite of a functional PA film and PP non-woven,
- Outstanding ageing resistance,
- UV resistant: at least 18 months behind glass and three months in outdoor exposure*.
- Fulfills the requirements of the EnEV as a moisture-variable vapour barrier,
- Especially useful for new buildings as well as for renovation of old buildings,
- The CE sign according to DIN EN 13984 provides the necessary security for the application in constructions to build according to all valid requirements of the EnEV and construction standards.
Grammage (DIN EN 1849-2): 85 g/m² (± 5 g/m²)
Maximum tensile strength (DIN EN 13859-1)
Lengthwise: 150 N / 50 mm
Crosswise: 125 N / 50 mm
Elongation at maximum tensile strength (DIN EN 13859-1)
Lengthwise: >200 %
Crosswise: >225 %
Resistance to tear propagation (nail shaft; DIN EN 13859-1)
Lengthwise: >25 N
Crosswise: >25 N
Temperature range: -40C to +80C
Diffusion-equivalent air layer: 0.25 < sd < 5.0; moisture-variable**
Thickness (sd-value): < 1 m cond. C, 3 to 5 m cond. A
(DIN EN 12572 / DIN EN 1931)
Static air layer thickness: 2.02 m***
Fire performance (DIN EN 13501-1): class E,
corresponds to B2 according to DIN 4102
Water resistance: passed
CE certificate: passed
* Relating to being installed in German standard climatic conditions; not in mountain regions
** The variable sd value of Gerband sd vario® can only be used for structural-physical calculations if they are
being performed with a dynamic calculation tool (e.g. WUFI® of Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics IBP)
*** In case of calculations according to DIN 4108-3 (Glaser method) use the static sd value only.