Fire Rated Loft Cone allows for safe and efficient use of recessed downlights.
Fire Rated Loft Cone meets the latest needs of BS EN 60598 and other international standards for lighting. It’s ‘F-capped’, meaning insulation can be fitted against the loft cone, as well as above it. When Using the loft cone, a continuous airtight and thermal envelope is maintained, increasing the building space heating efficiency and reducing the risk of surface condensation.
Recessed downlights represent a potential fire hazard, caused by heat loss and surface condensation. A recessed light is required to be installed with minimum distances from insulation, creating cold bridges in the thermal envelope. This can also result in surface condensation as the warm, moist, internal air will condense on the cold, uninsulated surface. The downlight is also likely to cause air leakage.
- F-Capped Flanged Fire Hood 30 minutes fire rated,
- Tested for 50-Watt lamps,
- Thermal test BS EN 60598 Section 12.4 and BS 476 Part 20,
- IP6X dust tight,
- Easily fitted – simply drop over light fitting and seal with mastic to form vapour seal,
- Save energy by limiting heat loss into loft space,
- Allows continuous insulation over lights,
- Fully tested to prevent overheating,
- Reduces fire risk by keeping combustibles away from hot downlight,
- Rigid and capable of supporting loft insulation away from light fitting,
- Greendeal Compliant,
- PAS 2030 Compliant,
- Energy Efficiency Partnership for Homes (EEPN) Compliant,
- CITB – Construction Skills: General requirements and guidance for the installation of loft insulation – Compliant.