Fasatan TFS is a flexible and single-component adhesive sealant.
First of all, Fasatan TFS is resistant to overnight condensation and it cures with atmospheric moisture to a flexible, rubbery plastic. It also has excellent airtightness properties – it’s weather and chemical resistant.
Fasatan TFS is suitable for internal and external elastic bonding:
- Bonding of EPDM to a variety of substrates.
- bonding of rebates, mitres as well as overlaps.
- internal and external joint sealing.
- finally – for bonding of construction components made from plaster, natural stone, aluminium, steel, zinc, copper, glass, wood, MDF, tiles, ceramic among each other or on solid mineral subsurface.
Fasatan TFS offers the following advantages:
- Very rapid and secure working.
- Free of solvent and neutral in odour.
- Resistant to overnight condensation.
- Adhesion to a variety of materials such as: concrete, aluminium blank and powder coated, unplasticised PVC, wood as well as many other normal building materials.
- Excellent adhesion force also on many solvent sensitive sub-surfaces as polystyrene foams, e. g. XPS and EPS.
- Processing possible from -5°C.
- Single-sided adhesive application.
- No pre-treatment of the membrane.
- No flash time, no additional risk of contamination.
- Self-levelling, unproblematic application to uneven foundations (cavities in concrete).
- Adjustment possibilities for laminate up to 30 minutes after adhesion.
- Possesses excellent weather, UV and chemical resistance.
- Harmonized to building conditions.
- As a result – long-lasting adhesion and sealing.
- Causes no blister formation.
- Finally – low shrinkage & elastic.
Basis: silane terminated polymer, neutral cross-linking
Curing system: atmospheric humidity
Transfer rate: >100g / min; DIN 52 456–6 mm
Spec. weight: approx. 1.5g / cm3; DIN 52 451–PY
Skin formation time: approx. 1h; + 23C / 50% r. h.
Curing: approx. 2mm / 24h; +23C / 50 % r. h.
Volume change: <–3%; DIN 52 451–PY
Stress-strain value at 100%: approx. 0.4N / mm2; DIN 52 455 NWT–1–A2–100
Tensile strength (film): approx. 1.0N / mm2; DIN 53 504
Shore A hardness: approx. 25; DIN 53 505, 4 weeks
+23C / 50 % r. h.
Permissible net deformation: 25%
Temperature resistance: –40C to +80C
Processing temperature: +5C to +40C
Delivery form: 600 ml tubular bag, 20 tubular bags / cardboard box
Depending on Application surface, about 10 m per 600 ml tubular bag, nozzle diameter 8mm. At 1 mm layer thickness of the adhesive the consumption is approx. 1 l / m², i.e. a 600 ml tubular bag suffices for approx. 0.6 m² adhesion surface. The internal seal must be more vapour diffusion tight than the outer seal. Therefore, Fasatan must be used for the outer seal and Fasatyl for the inner seal.
Care must be taken during sealing that the joint space is first well insulated with suitable material (mineral wool or other) to avoid heat bridges and undershooting the dew point on the inside.
Preparation of the adhesion surface
The adhesion surfaces must be firm, load-bearing, clean and free of grease, oil and dust. Any release agent present must be removed. In case of processing temperatures (building element temperatures) from + 5 °C to + 40 °C, the foundations may be slightly damp but visible or standing water is definitely to be avoided. In case of processing temperatures (building element temperatures) from – 5 °C to + 5 °C, water and moisture in every possible form, especially also as ice or frost, is to be avoided.
All foundation materials must be compatible with Fasatan TFS within the context of DIN 52 452, part 1. Adhesion and compatibility with plastics should be object-related tested. In the use on coated foundations (e.g. facades made hydrophobic) a pre-test for compatibility is necessary. Thus with, for example, acrylic coating materials a loss of adhesion is possible through plasticiser migration.
The temperature (building element temperature) must not fall below- 5 °C. At temperatures of below + 5 °C, curing time of Fasatan TFS may increase gravely, depending on humidity. Depending on the material and surface properties priming of the foundation is recommended. Depending upon the working conditions and foundation our Multi Primer can be used. Compatibility with the surface must be tested in each individual case.
Multi Primer is solvent based. Fasatan TFS is suited for the connection of Fasatan and Fasatyl to on site present bituminous membranes. These bituminous membranes have to be applied correct in compliance with appropriate technical rules, in particular they have to be dry, firm, load-bearing,
clean and free of grease, oil and dust. Fasatan and Fasatyl have to overlap the bituminous membranes for at least 10 cm and have to be adhered holohedral to the subsurface. Additionally, the marginal edge of Fasatan and Fasatyl has to be fastened mechanically to the foundation with aluminium joint connection rails.
Particularly in case of connection to areas with contact to soil is to be observed, that Fasatan and Fasatyl are attached in a loop and in no case with tension. In case of this application, we recommend a thorough suitability test on original materials before every use
The following tools are adequate to ensure secure and unproblematic mounting: cartridge gun, protective gloves, carpet knife, large and small spatulas and pressure roller.
600 ml tubular bag, 20 tubular bags / cardboard box.