Where We Work
Epping is a market town and civil parish in the Epping is a market town and civil parish in the Epping Forest district of the County of Essex, England. The town is 17 miles (30 km) north-east from the centre of London, is surrounded by the northern end of Epping Forest, and on a ridge of land between the River Roding and River Lea valleys.
Epping is the terminus for London Underground’s Central line. The town has a number of historic Grade I and II listed buildings. The weekly market, which dates to 1253, is held each Monday. In 2001 the parish had a population of 11,047 which increased to 11,461 at the 2011 Census.
Epping became twinned with the German town of Eppingen in north-west Baden-Württemberg in 1981.
Epping Forest is a 2,400-hectare (5,900-acre) area of ancient woodland between Epping in Essex to the north, and Forest Gate in Greater London to the south, straddling the border between London and Essex. It is a former royal forest, and is managed by the City of London Corporation. An area of 1,728 hectares (4,270 acres) is a Site of Special Scientific Interest and a Special Area of Conservation. It gives its name to the Epping Forest local government district, which covers part of it.
The forest is approximately 19 kilometres (12 mi) long in the north-south direction, but no more than 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) from east to west at its widest point, and in most places considerably narrower. It lies on a ridge between the valleys of the rivers Lea and Roding. It contains areas of woodland, grassland, heath, rivers, bogs and ponds, and its elevation and thin gravelly soil (the result of glaciation) historically made it unsuitable for agriculture.
also known as Copt Hall or Copthall, is a mid-18th-century English country house close to Epping, Essex, which has been undergoing restoration since 1999. Copped Hall is visible from the M25 motorway between junctions 24 and 25. There was a separate Copped Hall (or Coppeed Hall) in Totteridge, which was demolished in 1928.